You might be familiar with the TED Talk series, in which geniuses of various fields talk about topics they know a lot about. Now watch below the viral video, as Peter Weyland speaks from the year 2023 and sets you up for the world of Prometheus.
Weyland-Yutani is the corporation shown in the movie 'Alien', which sends the spaceship Nostromo. It was first said that, Prometheus is the prequel for 'Alien.' Now Ridley Scott says,
"Weyland-Yutani in 'Alien' sent the Nostromo spaceship, which is owned by entrepreneur Peter Weyland, played in the movie by Guy Pearce. That is the connection between two films, and nothing more. Prometheus is a new film, a new world, and is full of new ideas. And of course new monsters as well."
A Summer Blockbuster Storm :
Last weekend we saw The Artist sweep the board at the Oscars signaling the start of 2012 officially. I have had a little look through and it looks like we are going to have to wait until the end of April for any of the Blockbusters to arrive (except John Cater).
But is it really going to be a good Summer of films?Yes I really think it may. We have some crackers, here are the ones I am looking forward to most:
- The Dark Knight Rises - 20th July
- The Avengers - 4th May
- Men In Black III - 25th May
- Prometheus - 8th June
- Snow White And The Huntsman - 1st June
- Amazing Spiderman - 7th July
- Bourne Legacy - 17th August
- Total Recall - 22nd August
Peter Jackson and his courageous cast and crew give us all a glimpse into the mammoth effort going into making the Hobbit films. This has everything you might expect from a video about filmmakers battling nature itself to get the shots they need. This one is the of the location shoot videos, taking us up to December 14 2011. Take a look below:
Sadly, we’ll have to wait until December 14 for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and December 13, 2013 for The Hobbit: There And Back Again.
Here is the first full trailer for Tim Burton's pet project, Frankenweenie. A stop-motion remake of Burton's 1984 short film.
- Steven Spielberg is close to signing on to direct a story of Moses for Warner Bros. The film, which has a working title of Gods and Kings, will include him forming an army, freeing the Hebrew slaves, wandering in the wilderness, receiving the Ten Commandments and parting the Red Sea. The film will have a gritty and realistic tone similar to Spielberg’s Saving Private Ryan.